Bharat Pravah - an Institute for Governance, Policies and Politics, New Delhi’s initiative, in collaboration with the Ministry of Shipping, Ports and Waterways, is organising a photography competition for all interested participants to motivate youth of the country towards thinking about rivers and sea's role in India's development and building this great civilization.
Rivers and seas have been the reservoir of our cultural heritage and the lifeline for our prosperity since times immemorial, but the impression of seas, rivers, ports, ships and their role in day-to-day life is underestimated and neglected. This is an effort to revive the lost glory of India's rich socio-cultural tradition inspired by rivers and seas. Bharat Pravah aims to bring forth the significance of seas, rivers, ports and shipping to the social psyche, the ‘janmanas’ of Bharat. It intends to highlight forgotten aspects of rivers and seas in culture, history, folk arts and other prevalent forms of knowledge.
Bharat Pravah is organising a photography competition in Mangalore, Karnataka. The competition aims to give an opportunity to participants to use their creative lens and tell the story of life around port through their photographs, based on the following themes:
Winners will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 25,000 (1st prize), 15,000 (2nd prize) and 10,000 (3rd prize) respectively.
*All registered participants will get an opportunity to visit a commercial and naval vessel at the New Mangalore Port.*
- The contest is open for online submissions only, through the link available on Bharat Pravah website.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- Only one entry is allowed per participant.
- You are required to provide a unique title & description for each image submitted.
- The photograph/s can be a Portrait or Landscape.
- Considering High resolution, if the photograph must be uploaded on the drive, share the drive link with Editor Access.
- Judging Criteria will be on the relevance to the theme & creativity.
- All submitted photos must have no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
- Basic editing, including colour enhancement, the use of filters, and cropping of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s).
- Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, and the adding and removing of significant elements within the frame is prohibited.
- Every image uploaded is subject to a moderation process before it becomes visible on the contest page. IGPP reserves the right to assess and disregard any submitted photo at our discretion.
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including provocative nudity, violence, human rights and/or environmental violation, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the law, religious, cultural & moral traditions and practices of India, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
- Institute for Governance, Policies and Politics (IGPP) respects photographers’ copyrights and copyrights shall remain vested with the creator of the image. Upon making the submission, you grant IGPP, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, print, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, to promote the contest, image, the photographer or for editorial or educative use.
- The Photographer will be credited wherever the image is used.
For any clarification, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line – Mangalore Photography Competition.
Participants will have the opportunity to visit commercial and naval vessels at the New Mangalore Port.