Bharat Pravah - an Institute for Governance, Policies, and Politics, New Delhi’s initiative, in collaboration with the Ministry of Shipping, Ports, and Waterways, is organising a business prototype competition for the students of Srinivas University to motivate youth of the country towards thinking about rivers and sea's role in India's development and building this great civilization.
Rivers and seas have been the reservoir of our cultural heritage and the lifeline for our prosperity since times immemorial, but the impression of seas, rivers, ports, ships, and their role in day-to-day life is underestimated and neglected. Bharat Pravah aims to bring forth the significance of seas, rivers, ports and shipping to the social psyche of the people.
Bharat Pravah is organising a Business Plan/Prototype Competition seeking innovative business models in Mangalore. The participants need to validate the idea that the product or business idea has potential. The competition intends to inculcate innovation-based plans for the Shipping, Marine or Waterways industry and Port Management.
Winners will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 25,000 (1st prize), 15,000 (2nd prize) and 10,000 (3rd prize) respectively.
*All registered participants will get an opportunity to visit a commercial and naval vessel at the New Mangalore Port.*
- The contests are open for online submissions only, through the link available on Bharat Pravah website.
- Submissions will not be accepted once the deadline lapses.
- There is no entry fee.
- A Business Plan/ Prototype may be a technical and (or) non-technical solution of an idea and can be fit into anyone or multiple themes and can be fit into different Business plan/ prototype types.
- Maximum team size may comprise two students only.
- Assistance to business proposal incubation may be provided in the later stage.
- There will be three chosen students who will get an opportunity to pitch ideas in one of the sessions of Bharat Pravah at New Mangalore Port, Karnataka.
For any clarification, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line – Mangalore Business Prototype/Plan Competition.
Participants will have the opportunity to visit commercial and naval vessels at the New Mangalore Port.